Antika Law Firm has been working on the legal services market of Ukraine since 2010.
The Firm provides a full range of legal services to national and international companies that do business in Ukraine and abroad. The partners of the Firm have over 20 years’ experience in providing business law advice.
According to the results of the legal services market researches, held by reputable international and Ukrainian guides to legal profession The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 Energy and Infrastructure, Best Lawyers, Ukrainian Law Firms, A Handbook for Foreign Clients, 50 Top Law Firms of Ukraine, Client Choice. The Top-100 Best Lawyers in Ukraine the Firm is recommended in the area of antitrust, dispute resolution, corporate / M&A, banking, finance and capital markets, real estate, land, energy, subsoil use, energy efficiency and energy savings.
The Firm received Legal Award 2012 in nomination “Law Firm – a Breakthrough of the Year”. The Firm is the Finalist of the Legal Award 2013 in the field of antitrust, litigation and real estate, in 2014, 2015 –in the field of Energy.
Antika’s team includes 15 highly-qualified lawyers, who have a significant experience in various fields of legal practice.
The Firm’s main principles are high quality and timely legal services, strict confidentiality and a bespoke approach to every client’s project.
THE FIRM’S CLIENTS
The Firm serves Ukrainian and international companies doing business in such fields as telecommunications, heavy, chemical and food industries, automotive, complex development, construction and real estate, energy and energy efficiency, subsoil use, wholesale and retail, media and sports, banks and financial services market.
The most prominent Clients of the Firm are:
• AWT Bavaria
• ViDi Group
• Ibis Group of Companies
• Nadra Ukrayny
• Henkel Ukraine
• Henkel Bautechnik Ukraine
• Cadogan Petroleum
• FC Dnipro
• MF Telecom
• ENESA a.s.
• Esan Eczacıbaşı Industrial Raw Materials
• Heitman International
• Imperial Tobacco
• International Resources Group (USAID project “Municipal Energy Reform Project in Ukraine”)
• EBRD, World Bank, TACIS, NEFCO, KfW, UNDP
MEMBERSHIP AND PARTNERSHIP
The Firm is a member of the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine, the Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce, the European Business Association, and the International Turkish Ukrainian Businessmen Association.
The Partners of the Firm are members of:
• the Judicial Reform Council;
• the Scientific and Advisory Council of the Higher Economic Court of Ukraine;
• the Public Council of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine;
• the Public Council of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine;
• the International Bar Association;
• the Ukrainian Bar Association.
The Firm maintains longstanding cooperative and partnership relationships with the leading Ukrainian research and scientific institutions.
Being business-oriented advisers and having full understanding of today’s market demands we define the following key practices related to the protection of rights and interests of our clients:
• DISPUTE RESOLUTION
• CRIMINAL DEFENSE FOR BUSINESS
• CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE
• CORPORATE /MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
• SUBSOIL USE, ENERGY AND ENERGY SAVINGS
• PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP. PROJECT FINANCING
• LEGAL EXPERTISE, PARTICIPATION IN LAW-MAKING WORK
• Comprehensive analysis of the compliance of all businesses of an enterprise (including advertising and information activities, analysis of the internal standards and policies, analysis of changes in the group structure) with the antitrust legislation - antitrust compliance;
• Obtaining permissions for economic concentration and concerted actions, as well as preliminary opinions of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine;
• Approving with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine of control relations scheme in existing holdings and groups of companies;
• Representation and protection of clients’ interests in the investigations carried out by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (unfair competition, abuse of monopolistic position etc.);
• Protection against unfair competition.
• Representing clients in a broad range of disputes;
• Preliminary analysis of case files and defining of litigation prospects;
• Developing effective system of clients’ interests protection;
• Service in mediation and representing clients in out-of-court (amicable) settlements;
• Representing clients in courts of all levels, including higher specialized courts and the Supreme Court of Ukraine;
• Representing clients’ interests in international courts and arbitrational institutions;
• Representing clients’ interests at all stages of enforcement procedures, including recognition and enforcement of foreign courts and international arbitrations awards.
CRIMINAL DEFENCE FOR BUSINESS
• Advising clients on their relationship with regulatory and law enforcement agencies;
• Providing legal services at all stages of criminal prosecution;
• Identifying and minimizing criminal risks connected with clients’ activities.
CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE
• Legal support of transactions related to land plots and commercial real estate (legal due diligence, acquisitions, sale, lease);
• Legal support of commercial real estate objects operation;
• Complex legal support of construction projects of real estate objects and separate constructions (legal due diligence, obtaining permits, concluding agreements);
• Developing contractual and investment schemes for real estate development projects, business and transaction structuring;
• Complex legal support of real estate investment projects.
SUBSOIL USE, ENERGY AND ENERGY SAVINGS
• Legal support of companies that operate in the fields of natural resources and subsoil use including advising on various aspects of economic activity (regulatory, fax, corporate, contractual issues etc.) as well as complex legal due diligence and support of projects and transactions of various degrees of complexity;
• Advising on joint exploration, development and operation;
• Drafting and legal support of production sharing agreements and related agreements, joint venture agreements, various concession mechanisms and other legal instruments for exercising investor’s rights in the field of subsoil use;
• Complex support of investment energy performance projects in Ukraine.
LEGAL EXPERTISE AND PARTICIPATION IN LAW-MAKING WORK
• Analysis of compliance of various contractual and financial schemes, including cross-border element, with requirements of the Ukrainian legislation;
• Evaluation and interpretation of legal provisions, in particular in case of controversial legal regulation;
• Analysis of legality of structure in terms of established judicial practice;
• Evaluation of prospects of consideration of case by Ukrainian courts and international arbitration courts.
• Development and participation in drafting laws and other regulatory acts in different fields of legal regulation of economy.
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP. PROJECT FINANCING
• Legal support in concession tendering; drafting concession agreements;
• Development and further legal support of financing schemes within PPP projects;
• Establishing project entities and its legal support;
• Legal support of projects funded by the international financial organizations and other donors (the EBRD, UNDP, USAID, NEFCO etc.);
• Development and implementation of project financing mechanisms in the field of energy efficiency; establishing and legal support of ESCO, implementing EPC projects.
CORPORATE / M&A
• Incorporation, reorganization and liquidation of legal entities, holdings and representative offices;
• Structuring of business;
• Corporate reorganization and structuring;
• Drafting and implementation of corporate management standards, shareholder agreements, corporate rules, instructions and regulations;
• Legal support of commercial activity;
• Legal support of transactions with securities;
• Advising on labor issues, including registration and employment of foreigners;
• Restructuring and insolvency;
• Representing clients in negotiation on merges and acquisitions, drafting term sheets and other documents;
• Advising on minimization of claim-related risks when executing and closing transactions;
• M&A legal due diligence, including Vendor due diligence;
• Structuring of transactions;
• Drafting documents for M&A transactions (corporate resolutions, approvals, draft charters, by-laws and other corporate documents, agreements etc.);
• Obtaining public authorities’ permits and approvals for concluding agreements (the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine);
• Post-transaction support.